Income Tax & Excise (GST)
Dealing with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) can be daunting at the best of times but it is particularly challenging if you are facing an audit, a tax-related investigation or criminal charges.
Greg DelBigio has years of experience defending clients charged with criminal offences including tax-related matters.
Greg DelBigio understands the enforcement mechanisms provided under Canada’s tax laws and is able to assist clients in dealing with tax authorities and law enforcement agencies to ensure a client’s rights are fully protected during an audit, inspection, requirement to produce documents or information, investigation or prosecution.
Greg Delbigio is able to represent clients in connection with tax-related matters including:
- Tax evasion
- False declarations
- Voluntary disclosures of non-compliance
- Criminal investigations and charges resulting from financial transactions
- Search warrants, asset seizures and detention, asset restraint orders, forfeiture orders, mandatory production orders and other types of interference with property rights authorized by the Criminal Code, Proceeds of Crime and Money Laundering, the Income Tax Act and other related legislation
- Forfeiture challenges
- CRA audits and investigations
- Defence against tax-related criminal prosecutions.
Greg DelBigio has extensive experience in all levels of court including the British Columbia Provincial Court, the British Columbia Supreme Court, the BC Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Proactive Tax Compliance Strategy
Greg DelBigio is adept at helping clients deal with the full range of criminal and quasi-criminal investigations and prosecutions that businesses and individuals may face in relation to the Canadian tax regime. Greg’s experience means his clients have the advantage of counsel who is able to quickly assess their legal position, develop proactive strategies designed to minimize exposure to criminal charges, and provide forward-looking compliance advice and planning.
Greg DelBigio has also spent many years helping clients develop and implement effective crisis management procedures, respond to government investigations and, where necessary, defending clients against criminal prosecutions. Greg DelBigio’s extensive experience in these areas means his clients receive comprehensive advice and defence strategies that are designed to fully protect your rights.